From Joe Walsh...
ALIEN RACE TABLE
From Paul Williams...
p.14 Pocket Empires has a Cararialta Family Tree which is totally arse over tit. I've corrected it to conform to the accompanying text descriptions (Archon's parents in top left - p.14 has them bottom left; put children below their parents - p.14 has them above and even sideways; put eldest children to the left and their younger brothers & sisters to their right in descending order of age on the same row - p.14 garbles this too).
- p.18 Also ignore the text on p.18 where it says Ysta is the daughter of Merilla and Saranth. Merilla and Saranth are brother and sister so shouldn't be having any kids - in fact, Saranth is married to Ianya and so these are Ysta's parents.
- p.46 Military Expenses and Maintenance costs
- after stating on p.45 that Military Expenses = M*A*G, the A and G multipliers are left out of future examples. The Khuir example given on p.46 wrongly states that Khuir's Military Expenses are 519 RU when it should say that this is the Military Maintenance or M part of the equation. This figure of 519 should then be multiplied by the Administration (A) value of 1.10 and the Govt value of 1.00. This gives 519 * 1.10 * 1.00 = 570.9 RU Military Expenses, which in the example leaves Khuir with total expenditure 627.7 + 570.9 = 1198.6, leaving the government with a surplus of 2,038.1 - 1198.6 = 839.5 RU.
- the Sylea example given on p.46 also fails to multiply its 5% of GWP Military Maintenance (M) figure by 1.10 (A) and 1.00 (G). It should be 2124.8 * 1.0 * 1.35 = 2868.48 RU Military Expenses.
- p.27, pp.81-2 Jump Ratings relative to Military Size
- PE p.27 and PE p.81 & 82 the text switches back and forth between either one JMP point supporting one point of ATT *or* one point of DEF *or* one point of TRN (so A1D1T1 needs J3 to be Jump-1 capable), and one JMP point supporting one point of ATT *and* one point of DEF *and* one point of TRN (so A1D1T1 needs J1 to be Jump-1 capable. But presumably if it was A2D1T1 it would need to be J2 to be Jump-1 capable as it would need to be at least as high as the highest (A2) rating, and in for a penny in for a pound you may as well go for A2D2T2 in that case).
- Under the *or* system:
- You could have A0D0T1J2 in PE terms, which could be armed & armoured (in which case you could have say A1D1T1J6 and still be Jump-2.
- Under the *and* system:
- You could have A0D0T1J2 (confusingly its the same) in PE terms, which could be armed & armoured (in which case you could have say A1D1T2J4 or A2D2T2J4 and still be Jump-2. The difference is more obvious with bigger ships e.g. A0D0T12J24 in PE terms could just as easily be A12D12T12J24, which seems unrealistic to me.
- Confusing eh? I think the *or* system is more realistic and effective in the game, and probably what the designers intended the rule to be before the T4 editing gremlin got to work.